If your client wants to go live on a subdomain - either as a temporary or permanent solution - it's possible to get the Cookie Consent banner to show for them as well.
Follow these steps to set it up:
- Once you're ready to put the site live on a subdomain, start by publishing the site from within the Editor. On the publishing overlay, you can find your site's subdomain. Copy the URL to your clipboard.
- In RAI, click the Site ID and then click the EDIT button in the bottom-left corner.
- On the overlay, scroll to the bottom and paste your subdomain URL in the Attach domain field. Click the ATTACH button. The subdomain is now attached to your site and you can provision a Cookie Consent subscription for it.
- Add a Cookie Consent subscription to the site.
- Log into the Editor again, head into Settings > Cookie notification, and enable the Cookie Consent banner by ticking Enable cookie notification banner.
- Publish your site. The Cookie Consent banner is now showing on your subdomain.
If your client subsequently wants to move from their subdomain to a proper domain, you'll have to terminate the original Cookie Consent subscription, attach the new domain, and start a new Cookie Consent subscription.