You can embed E-commerce+ on any external platform that can display embedded HTML. You don't need to have a Mono website for this as you can use E-commerce+ as a standalone solution. Follow the steps in this article to successfully set up E-commerce+ on external platforms.
Start a new account
The first step in using E-commerce+ as a standalone solution is to create a new account in RAI with the subscription type Ecwid E-commerce embed. This subscription type is free of charge and essentially creates an empty website "shell" required for being able to open the Editor and access E-commerce+.
Follow the steps below to create an account with Ecwid E-commerce embed.
- Click the Create Account button in RAI.
- Add the required information to the account (name, email, username, password and language).
- Under Add subscription, select the subscription type Ecwid E-commerce embed.
- If you have several versions of the Editor available on your account, make sure to choose the version II.
- Finally you need to pick a template for the site. The actual template will not be visible in the Editor as the the Ecwid E-commerce embed subscription prevents any kind of website styling to take place, so you can select any template from the list - it won't make a difference.
- Click on Create account and start subscription to create the account.
Add an E-commerce+ add-on subscription
The second step in using E-commerce+ as a standalone solution is to add an E-commerce+ add-on subscription to the account you have just created. This is a paid subscription which enables the actual use of E-commerce+ on the account.
Follow the steps below to add the subscription.
- On the Account page of the account you've just created, click the Subscriptions tab.
- Scroll down the list of subscriptions and click the Add Ecwid subscription button. Select the desired plan from the list. You can find an overview of the various plans here.
- Click Start Ecwid subscription.
When the customer opens up the Editor, they only see a single tab titled E-COMMERCE+. All other Editor features have been hidden.
Embed E-commerce+ shop externally
Once you've set up your shop in E-commerce+ and it's time to go live, you'll need to insert it on your external website or platform. Follow these three steps to retrieve the embed code:
- From the E-commerce+ dashboard, navigate to Sales channels > Overview
- Find "Custom website" on the list and click Learn more.
- Click the Copy Code to Clipboard button.
Finally, paste the embed code on the external platform of your choice.