With the Yext Sync Manager, you can synchronize Global Data items between your website and your Yext account.
Find the Yext Sync Manager in the Editor under Integrations.
In order to successfully set up the sync, you need to paste your Yext Entity/store ID and Customer user ID. You can also add your Yext Customer username but it is not mandatory.
Once you've pasted the IDs, toggle Enable Yext synchronization and click Save to activate the synchronization. Data will then be synced every time you publish your website.
Follow the steps below to find the relevant credentials on your Yext account.
Configure the Yext webhook
In order to be able sync data, you first need to set up a webhook which enables the two involved applications (the Editor and Yext) to "talk together" (share data) when a new event is registered, i.e. when you have updated a piece of data on either application.
Here's how you set up a Yext webhook if you don't already have one:
- Log into your Yext account.
- Click your account name at the top-right corner of the screen and select Developer Console from the list.
- Scroll to the bottom and create an app if one hasn't already been created by clicking "New App" next to Your Apps.
- On your new app, click on "Manage Webhooks" at the bottom.
- Click "Configure Webhook" for Locations
- Enter https://hal.mono.net/api/v1/webhook/yext in the URL field and click Save.
Retrieve the Yext IDs
Once you've set up your webhook, you can retrieve the IDs you need for completing the sync.
- Once you have logged in to your Yext account, make sure you are in the Locations tab. Click on the location you wish to synchronize with the Editor.
- At the listing information page, navigate to the bottom to find the Internal Use Only section. Find the Store ID and copy-paste it into the Editor.
- You find your Customer user ID in the browser address bar when you are on the location you wish to sync with the Editor. In the URL, look for the number right after /s/ and copy-paste it into the Editor.
- Finally, the Customer username field is optional. If a username is entered, the Yext account administrator will see that name in the logs whenever data is synchronized from the Editor back to Yext. You can enter any name of your choice in this field.
Which Global Data items are synced?
The sync is two-way and synchronizes the following data items:
From Yext to the Editor
company name, street, zip, city, state, country, country_code, lat, long, phone, phone_1(alternate), phone_2(mobile), phone_3(tty), fax, description_short, description_long, mission, opening hours, payment methods, images, websites, social medias, price lists, videos, reviews, logo, cover, emails and additional attributes.
If your Yext account includes links to a Facebook and/or Squarespace account, data from those accounts will be merged into the Editor as well. This is only relevant for information that's not included in Yext - e.g. if your Yext account doesn't include a phone number but your included Facebook account does, the phone number will be merged to the Editor from Facebook. Yext is the dominant source, meaning that if you later add a different phone number to Yext, it will overwrite the data added to the Editor from Facebook.
From the Editor to Yext
company_name, street, zip, city, state, country (only US), lat, long, phone, fax, email, description_short, description_long, opening hours, social media, payment methods, lists, videos.