With the Yext Sync Manager, you can synchronize Global Data items between your website and your Yext account.
First, follow the steps below to find the relevant credentials on your Yext account.
Yext synchronization: Add and Configure the Yext webhook
In order to be able sync data, you first need to set up a webhook which enables the two involved applications (Mono Editor and Yext) to "talk together" (share data) when a new event is registered, i.e. when you have updated a piece of data on either application.
Here's how you set up a Yext webhook if you don't already have one:
- Log into your Yext account.
- In the left-hand menu, click Developer and then Developer Console from the drop-down list.
- Next, click the Add an App button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Then, in the Create New App window, give the app a name and click the Create App button.
- You will then be on the app details tab. Click Webhooks.
- Then click the Add a Webhook button.
- Then select the Locations Webhook type and click Next.
- Under Configure Webhook, enter https://hal.mono.net/api/v1/webhook/yext in the URL field and click Finish and Add.
You have now added a webhook. There are no additional steps that you need to do here, but once you have completed adding a webhook, you will see see an overview of the webhooks.
To edit other apps, click Developer Console in the left-hand menu and scroll down to your Apps. Click the app you wish to edit.
Click the Webhooks tab.
Click Edit to update the URL.
Now you know how add and edit webhooks.
Retrieve the Yext IDs
Once you've set up your webhook, you can retrieve the IDs you need for completing the sync.
- In your Yext account, click Knowledge Graph > Entities in the left-hand menu. The Entity ID will be listed here - indicated by the red box. You can copy and paste this into Mono Editor.
If you wish to edit the account information, click the name in blue to edit.
- At the listing information page, you can also find the Entity ID at the bottom of the Core Information section and copy-paste it into the Mono Editor. You can also update the business data here.
- You find your Customer user ID in the browser address bar when you are on the location you wish to sync with the Editor. In the URL, look for the number right after /s/ and copy-paste it into the Editor.
- Finally, the Customer username field is optional. If a username is entered, the Yext account administrator will see that name in the logs whenever data is synchronized from the Mono Editor back to Yext. You can enter any name of your choice in this field.
Mono Editor: Adding the Entity ID and Customer User ID in the Yext Sync Manager
In the Mono Editor, go to the Products dropdown and select Integrations.
Next, paste your Yext Entity/store ID and Customer user ID into the appropriate fields. You can also add your Yext Customer username, but it is not mandatory.
Once you've pasted the IDs, toggle Enable Yext synchronization and click Save to activate the synchronization. Data will then be synced every time you publish your website.
Which Global Data items are synced?
The sync is two-way and synchronizes the following data items:
From Yext to the Editor
company name, street, zip, city, state, country, country_code, lat, long, phone, phone_1(alternate), phone_2(mobile), phone_3(tty), fax, description_short, description_long, mission, opening hours, payment methods, images, websites, social medias, price lists, videos, reviews, logo, cover, emails and additional attributes.
If your Yext account includes links to a Facebook and/or Squarespace account, data from those accounts will be merged into the Editor as well. This is only relevant for information that's not included in Yext - e.g. if your Yext account doesn't include a phone number but your included Facebook account does, the phone number will be merged to the Editor from Facebook. Yext is the dominant source, meaning that if you later add a different phone number to Yext, it will overwrite the data added to the Editor from Facebook.
From the Editor to Yext
company_name, street, zip, city, state, country (only US), lat, long, phone, fax, email, description_short, description_long, opening hours, social media, payment methods, lists, videos.