The following checklist of SEO-enhancing improvements and automations have been applied to all new Mono templates:
- Every template contains an FAQ list module for leveraging the positive benefits of Schema.org markup.
- Home page has a meta description of max. 160 characters.
- All other pages don't have a meta description as it negatively impacts SEO to have duplicate page descriptions
- Home page title always contains company name and is set up to dynamically fetch the page name.
- All images used have a file size of less than 400 kb.
- All images used have a meaningful alt text.
- All pages contain one H1 tag, 1-4 H2 tags and 1-6 H3 tags (when relevant).
Visitors are always able to view main page content without having to scroll.
- All links have descriptive texts.
- Contact pages contain contact details, opening hours, contact form and map (where relevant).
- Design is optimized for mobile.
- Content is broken up logically through subheadings, images and quotes for improved readability and to keep visitors engaged.
- SSL (https) has been pre-enabled.