You can change the background of the menu in the row settings, but then the chosen design will apply to all pages. What if you want a different menu background for each page?
Here is how.
- Open the Row Settings for the header row (the row where your menu is placed) and set the background colour to Transparent.
- Open the Page Settings for the page where you want to change the menu design
- Scroll down to Background and change the background colour.
- In the same section, you can also choose to add a background image instead of a colour
- Just remember to untick 'Place Row Behind Header' tick box under General (this option places the top row behind the menu, and would overwrite any other background colour or picture you might have chosen)