When you first add a table to a text module, it is plain without styling.
To add styling, you will need to edit the settings of the table.
- Highlight the cell(s) you want to style, and right click
- Click Cell --> Cell properties --> Advanced
- Use the 'Style' field to add CSS styling such as background colour, border colour and border radius.
Which style properties can you use?
- You can find CSS style properties online. Click here for a comprehensive list of properties.
How to write the styling properties correctly in the table 'Style' field
- Write each property on a single line, separated by semicolons.
- The styling we used in the video above was for example as follows: width: 182.198px; background-color: #d98921; border-color: #ffffff; text-align: center; border-radius: 10px;
Four common CSS properties for tables:
Example of how to use these properties:
- background-color: #d98921;
- border-color: #ffffff;
- border-radius: 10px;
- box-shadow:5px 10px #888888;
How to find colour codes such as #d98921
You can use online colour pickers to find a colour you like, as well as its code. You can for example use this colour picker.