Mono delivers truly stunning and data-rich websites for small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) looking to establish or improve their professional digital presence. Mono Websites are designed so that no matter where they are in their digital journey, small business owners can work together with their digital service provider to build and manage a website that reflects their brand and business.
To save time on building and managing websites, content management and design are both centrally managed on the Mono Platform. Content and design can be updated independently of each other and ensures that content edits don’t affect design, and vice versa.
Mono Websites leverage structured data (schema.org markup) to ensure that Mono Websites deliver rich search results, and are fully optimized for traditional, local and voice search. Mono Websites are fully responsive and can easily be viewed and customized for any device. Consistently scoring in the 90th percentile, websites built on the Mono Platform offer excellent page speed and overall performance based on Google’s latest Lighthouse standards.
Websites built on the Mono Platform offer best-in-class technical SEO, from minified CSS/HTML to W3C validated code that meets the very latest standards and secures high technical performance. Additionally, the Mono Platform offers offers best-in-class security and features that enable SMBs to ensure that their website is compliant with cookie and data privacy legislation, such as the EU GDPR.
A built-in website visitor engagement tool and customer management database is also offered as part of every Mono Website. For more, please see dedicated product briefs on Mono Customers and Mono On-Site Engagements.
Mono Websites are designed specifically to meet the needs of the small businesses segment at an affordable price point. Mono Websites can be positioned as the ultimate website offering for SMBs looking to professionalize and grow their digital presence. A website built on the Mono Platform lays the foundation for the SMB’s entire digital presence, and Mono’s best-in-class technology ensures that your SMB clients get a website with the same level of design and performance as larger companies. And most importantly, building a website on the Mono Platform makes it easy for your SMB clients to take control, grow and expand their digital presence as their needs evolve.
The positioning of Mono Websites is also dependent on the number of differentiated website packages you would like to offer. What’s more, the positioning may also depend on if you decide to offer Mono Websites with other solutions from the Mono Platform (e.g. Mono Scheduling, Mono E-commerce or Mono Email Marketing) or other third-party digital presence solutions for more advanced website offerings. For more on example go-to-market approaches, please see the dedicated section below.
Unique selling points
- Fully-responsive website optimized for mobile, tablet and desktop views
- Professional website designed to match your business and brand
- Ultimate technical performance (W3C compliance, page speed, etc.)
- Conversion-driven website templates, page layouts and modules
- Best-in-class SEO, including traditional, local and voice search
- Structured data to ensure data consistency & rich search results
- Easy-to-use, WYSIWYG interface for editing and managing website content
- Affordable digital presence solution designed specifically for SMBs
- Store and manage all your files in the File Manager
- Collect site visitor data and store data in Mono Customers
- Add personalization and drive visitor engagement with Mono On-Site Engagements
- Fully-hosted and secure solution
Benefits for digital service provider
- Intuitive editor interface optimized for fulfillment efficiency and profitable workflows
- Prebuilt rows and page layout for fast and easy fulfillment
- Limit advanced capabilities from the SMB client with predefined editor user roles
- Global Design for fast, easy and consistent adaption to the SMBs branding (colors, fonts and more) across the website
- Global Data makes it easy to add, edit and manage key SMB business data across the website
- A variety of pre-built templates that leverage Global Design and Global Data for intelligent website production
- Keyboard shortcuts for ultimate production speed
- Rollback feature with user identification and time stamp for ease of team collaboration
- Preview link to a staging environment that can be shared with a client
Go-to market strategies
Traditional website offering: Offer tiered website packages to target SMBs who are at different stages in their digital presence journey and therefore have different needs. Each package could include fundamental elements, such as domain, a set number of support hours and monthly visitor reporting. Additional features can be offered in more expensive packages, and additional support hours can be purchased as a standalone. For example:
- Basic website: 1-3 pages, 2 hours of support per year, a domain and SSL certificate
- Standard website: 5-10 pages, includes On-Site Engagements, 4 hours of support per year, a domain, an SSL certificate and an email account
- Advanced website: Unlimited pages, includes blog and On-Site Engagements, 6 hours of support per year, a domain, an SSL certificate and 5 email accounts
Vertical website offerings: Offer dedicated website packages tailored to your top SMB verticals. For example:
- Basic websites for home services (gardening/cleaners) vertical - as they primarily only need to list their services
- Standard website for interaction-driven businesses (such as real estate), as they can offer simple calls-to-action (e.g. click to call) with On-Site Engagements
- Advanced website for retail store (clothing/speciality goods) vertical - as they can use their blog to highlight products and use On-Site Engagements to promote new collections
- You may also consider combining website packages with Mono’s other digital marketing products. For example, selling a standard website combined with Mono Scheduling would be ideal for the beauty & wellness vertical, or selling a standard website with Mono E-commerce would be ideal for retail looking to sell online. See more below on upsell paths.
Bundled website offerings: Offer websites as part of a bundle with other digital presence solutions. For example:
- Data consistency: Bundle with listings management to ensure consistency of key business information across the digital landscape. The Mono Platform is integrated with leading listing management providers, such as uberall and Yext.
- Traffic driven: Bundle with SEO/SEM/SEA campaigns to drive more traffic to the website, and help ensure real value for SMBs upon starting their website subscription with your as a digital service provider. For more, please see our dedicated materials on Mono Landing Pages.
- Directory listing: Bundle a website with your directory print and online listings
- https://www.centralhomemalta.com/ (elderly care facility)
- https://www.blumenbinderei.cc/ (florist)
- http://www.fancyballoonpr.com/ (wholesale of balloons)
- https://www.weingut-angst.ch/ (vineyard)
- https://www.bctiresautomotive.ca/ (automotive tires and repair shop)
- http://www.grafsfurniture.com/ (furniture shop)
- https://www.mjsalon.ae/ (barber shop)
- https://www.finpro.ae/ (financial accounting services)
- https://uk.web.com/website-design-gallery/ (gallery of different websites)
- On digital presence: “Establish the foundation of your digital presence”
- On emotion: “Let us help you showcase the passion you have for your business online” “We will help you build a website that represents your business and brand”
- On DIFM service: “We will take care of everything for you”
- On DIWM service: “We will guide you so that you are successful in managing your website, and help with difficult tasks”
- On consumer preference: “Today’s consumers rely on finding everything online”
- On establishing trust: “Consumers put more trust in business with a website” “Customers make buying decisions based on information on websites”
- On search: “Optimized for traditional, local and voice search” “Ensure your business is found online”
- On the importance:” Even search engines agree, websites are the most authoritative source of online content”
- On owned media / control: “Websites give you the opportunity to truly portray your brand, without letting social channels (like Facebook) control how to display your content and adding updates ”
Add extra pages to your website package: Offer the option to add the fulfillment of extra webpages to the SMB websites. Included in the extra page offering could be content copywriting, images and search engine optimization (SEO) for a flat fee per page.
Extra service: Offer additional service hours as an add-on outside of your SMB clients website offering. An individual hour can be purchased, or alternatively they could for example purchase 10 extra hours at a cheaper rate that can be used throughout a 12- month period.
Extra training: Offer extra training to help your SMB clients better understand how to use the Mono Editor, and learn how to make simple edits on their own. This is a great way to engage SMB clients that are willing to invest their time, but need a little extra help due to their lack of technology skills.
Upgrade to a more advanced website package: As SMB clients grow their business over time, retarget them by offering them a more advanced website offerings and encourage them to manage their digital presence to more effectively engage with their website visitors, customers and prospects.
Upsell one of Mono’s native add-ons: As SMBs grow their business, they may also want to add-on new functionality. The Mono Platform offers a variety of add-on functionality that can help drive more business for the SMB, and ultimately more revenue for you as a digital service provider. The addition of more products in the SMBs’ tech stack can also help reduce churn/increase customer retention. Mono’s native add-ons include:
Sell complementary offerings: The website is a great foundation to build your digital presence, and you can sell complementary offerings to boost the performance, visitor engagement, online opportunities, and reduce churn. Some options for complementary offerings are:
- Domains, SSL Certificates and Email accounts provisioned via Mono
- SEM/SEA campaigns
- Social media management and marketing
- Social media advertising
- Listings management
- You will be assigned a Partner Success Manager who will advise you on your launch of Mono Websites
- Book a kick-off meeting with the Mono team to discuss go-to-market approach, marketing and sales enablement
- Schedule product training with our education team
- Schedule a dedicated sales enablement session to introduce websites to your sales team
- Configuration and setup: Internal testing
- Launch Mono Websites
- Post-launch 6 weeks recap - review success/discuss challenges/best practices review